Do they still sell Xbox 360?
Microsoft announced today that it will stop making its Xbox 360 gaming console after a decade of production. We will continue to sell existing inventory of Xbox 360 consoles, with availability varying by country."
The Core System is "plug and play" -- in addition to the console, it includes a wired controller and an AV cable. The Xbox 360 comes with a wireless controller, an HD AV cable, an Ethernet connectivity cable, a headset and a removable 20-GB hard drive.
- Connect an Xbox 360 to a Wireless Network
- Turn off all your network equipment (modem and router) as well as the Xbox 360.
- Attach your Xbox 360 networking adapter to the back of the console and flip up the antenna.
- Turn on your modem and router.
- Turn on the Xbox 360.
- Choose Network Settings and select Edit Settings.
- Locate your home network's SSID on the list.
- To turn off your Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, press and hold the Xbox Guide button on the controller for three seconds. Next, select to turn off just the controller or the controller and the console. If you select the console, the console and all connected controllers are turned off.
- Xbox Live is the free online service for the Xbox 360 console. When you use an Internet connection to access Xbox Live, you can play Kinect and controller games with online friends or enjoy high-definition streaming content such as movies, TV shows, sporting events, and your favorite music.
Update, June 15, 2015: At the annual E3 video game conference, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One will be able to natively play Xbox 360 games — making its newest console backward-compatible with titles originally created for the Xbox 360.
- In this form, Xbox 360 controllers will work for playing Xbox One games. You can directly plug in a wired controller, or use an adapter, if you are using the wireless controllers. You can only use the Xbox 360 controller for the Xbox One by having an Xbox 360 controller with a cord to connect it to.
- Microsoft has already announced that the Xbox One will be getting backward compatibility for most Xbox 360 games, and that you can play with players on Xbox 360 if you're playing the game on Xbox One.
- Compatibility with games made for original Xbox One. All your digital and disc-based Xbox One games work with Xbox One X and Xbox One S. Licenses for digital games and apps travel with your Xbox profile, but you'll need to manually download any games you've bought.
Updated: 30th September 2018