Do Croton plants need full sun?
Many crotons grow best in full sun, but many cultivars can tolerate, and even prefer, light shade partial shade. Crotons are best grown in subtropical South and Central Florida. Frosts or freezes will damage them, but they quickly recover.
Croton growing in containers should only be watered only when the top of the soil is dry to the touch. Then, they should be watered until the water flows out the bottom of the container. The plant should also be kept away from drafts and cold, as it cannot tolerate temperatures below 60 F. (15 C.).
- Saving Frozen Plants. In less severe cases, cold damaged plants can be saved. Likewise, potted plants can be moved to another location away from direct sunlight. Unless damaged plants are moved indoors or another sheltered area, do not attempt to prune damaged leaves or stems.
- Yes, the croton house plant is toxic for plants and people, but only if it's digested. If you're cat has a habit of chewing on plants, you may want to try a different plant. However, the plant tastes terrible, and accidental poisonings are rare.
- With diligent care these shrubs can live up to several years, whereas annuals normally last one growing season only. But you can also grow croton in the garden as an annual plant while living in the warmest climate zones. This perennial evergreen is popular both in gardens and as potted houseplants.
Water Woes. Crotons are sensitive to moisture and require weekly or daily watering, depending on the situation. The soil should never stay dry for an extended period of time, but you should let the soil dry before watering to prevent drowning the plant. If you see the leaves starting to droop, check the soil and water.
- In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem, also known as Pythagoras' theorem, is a fundamental relation in Euclidean geometry among the three sides of a right triangle. It states that the square of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.
- Qualities of a 30-60-90 Triangle. It turns out that in a 30-60-90 triangle, you can find the measure of any of the three sides, simply by knowing the measure of at least one side in the triangle. The hypotenuse is equal to twice the length of the shorter leg, which is the side across from the 30 degree angle.
- A 45 45 90 triangle is a special type of isosceles right triangle where the two legs are congruent to one another and the non-right angles are both equal to 45 degrees. Many times, we can use the Pythagorean theorem to find the missing legs or hypotenuse of 45 45 90 triangles.
Croton plants emit a milky sap from broken stems that can cause contact dermatitis on humans. All parts -- leaves, stems, flowers and roots -- of the croton plant are poisonous are poisons to people, pets -- including dogs and cats -- and children. Your cat may also appear listless, lethargic and depressed.
- Satin pothos (also known as silk pothos) is toxic to dogs and cats. If ingested by a cat or dog, the plant may irritate the mouth, lips and tongue. The pet may also experience increased salivation, vomiting and/or difficulty swallowing.
- Hawaiian ti poisoning in cats is caused by the ingestion of any portion of the Hawaiian Ti plant. These naturally occurring toxins, known as saponins, give the Hawaiian ti tree a bitter taste and the likelihood that a feline would ingest a fatal dosage of the plant is very low.
- When ingested by animals, clinical signs of drooling, vomiting, weakness, incoordination and dilated pupils (cats) may be seen. This plant is more dangerous to large animals that are chronically grazing (eating) on this plant. Typically, when dogs and cats ingest yucca, it results in mild vomiting and diarrhea.
Updated: 12th November 2019