Can you watch TV on Echo show?
You can watch movies or TV shows from Amazon Video and Prime Video using the screen on your Echo device. Compatible Echo devices can play movies and TV shows from your Amazon Video library and programming from your active Amazon Channels subscriptions (like Showtime, HBO, and Starz).
You can connect a smart home device using the Alexa app:
- Go to the menu, and then select Skills.
- Browse or enter search keywords to find the skill for your device, then select Enable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the linking process.
- Ask Alexa to discover your device.
- Amazon.com: Customer Questions & Answers. Can Alexa connect to Youtube to play music? Yes, and no. The echo doesn't connect directly to YouTube, however, you can launch Youtube on your phone, ipod, ipad etc and then connect to the Echo Via Bluetooth, and it will play.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub: Use your compatible smartphone as a remote for your home's smart thermostat, locks, lights and other smart devices when you download the SmartThings app and connect to this hub, which offers up to 100' range to reach smart devices throughout your home. A battery backup provides peace of mind.
- Step 2: Put your speaker in pairing mode.
- Step 3: Run the Alexa app, tap Menu and then tap Settings. The Settings menu of the Alexa app, where you can pick your Dot.
- Step 4: Tap the Echo Dot in your list of Alexa Devices, then tap Bluetooth.
- Step 5: Your speaker should appear in the list of Bluetooth Devices.
Amazon just released a new capability for its digital brain Alexa that is sure to delight chronic TV remote misplacers. U.S. users can now ask Alexa on their Echo, Echo Dot, or Echo Show device to do things like turn on the TV, change the channel, adjust the volume and more.
- Harmony Hub turns your smartphone or tablet into a universal remote, giving you control over your home entertainment and smart home devices. You can change channels and volume, program favorites, control lights and other smart devices, and build multi-device experiences called Activities.
- Thanks to Appestry you can now do just that. You can use your voice to pause the TV, launch a Roku channel, and even use the directional buttons. This will work with Amazon's Alexa voice service on devices such as the Amazon Echo. You can also use a Google's Home to control your Roku.
- AnyMote is a universal Smart Remote Control hardware and software solution that allows you to control all of your home's infrared and WiFi controllable devices like TVs, set-top boxes, media players, Bluetooth speakers, lights, cameras, and more.
Alexa can also control TVs with Amazon's software built in, like the Element 4K Fire TV Edition. You can link your Fire TV to your Echo device through your phone's Alexa app. It'll work similarly to Amazon's Alexa Voice Remote for the Fire TV, just without the actual remote.
- Echo Dot does not connect to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) networks.
- In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
- Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi.
- On your Amazon Echo (1st Generation) device, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange.
- Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Ouya. Website. Amazon Fire TV. Amazon Fire TV is a digital media player and its microconsole remote developed by Amazon. The player is a small network appliance entertainment device that streams digital audio/video content to a high-definition television from the home (internet) network.
- Thank you very much for your responces! Without Wi-Fi, the Echo Dot would just be a Bluetooth speaker, but I don't think you'd be able to enable Bluetooth on the Echo without Wi-Fi, as the configuration is done via an app on a PC/phone/tablet. The answer was no, WIFI is needed for the Echo to function.
Updated: 6th December 2019