Can you unlock a SIM locked phone?
Place a SIM card for a different network in the phone and it will ask you for that code. Enter it (sometimes a reboot is needed) and the SIM should be recognized. The SIM card you use for unlocking doesn't have to be on a line that is yours. But your carrier might not want to unlock your phone.
Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.
- Straight Talk is a type of carrier known as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), which means that it doesn't run or own a wireless network. Instead, it purchases the right to use towers from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.
- How can I obtain Straight Talk LTE BYOP service? Your phone must be LTE Technology and compatible with one of our Bring Your Own Phone Programs. Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phones.
- Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.
Straight Talk is a service provided by TracFone Wireless Inc., America's largest no-contract cell phone provider in the U.S., with over 25 million subscribers. TracFone Wireless is a subsidiary of América Móvil S.A.B. de C.V.
- The Straight Talk SIM card will only work with an AT&T or T-mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Blackberrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with Straight Talk's Bring Your Own Phone program. To see if your phone will work, check compatibility.
- This kit is for Straight Talk bring your own phone program that offer unlimited TALK/TEXT/DATA for $45. Unlimited data includes 5GB LTE data. For CDMA phones requiring a SIM Card such as Verizon iPhone, Verizon Galaxy phone or other unlocked CDMA phones. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH AT&T OR GSM PHONES.
- TracFone has entered into an agreement with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding handset unlocking. TracFone will begin launching handsets that are capable of being unlocked. Beginning May 1, 2016, SafeLink subscribers with handsets that cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a replacement phone.
The phone sold by Walmart for use on StraightTalk is the A1429 CDMA. As a rule, you can not use a CDMA iPhone on any CDMA carrier other than the one it was originally sold for. if the straight talk iphone is GSM A1429 using CDMA 3G netwrok, I can switch to Tmobile LET 4G network when I move.
- You may transfer your telephone number from another company to Straight Talk online. To port in your existing telephone number to your Straight Talk phone, the number you are porting must be active with your current service provider.
- Will Verizon SIM card work with Blu Studio 6.0 phone that has Straight Talk service? BLU phones are compatible with the AT&T and T-Mobile networks that use GSM / LTE technology. They will not work on the Verizon or Sprint networks that use CDMA / LTE technology.
- Most cell phone owners around the world only have to worry about a single carrier technology. It's called the Global System for Mobile Communications, or GSM for short. As its name implies, this standard was developed for, and has been adopted by, almost the entire globe as the way to communicate via cellular calls.
Updated: 3rd October 2019