Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato slices to the frying pan. Cook, stirring every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are browned and cooked through.
Similarly one may ask, how long does it take to cook sweet potato in a frying pan?
- Heat sauté pan on medium heat.
- Dice potatoes in medium sized dice.
- Add oil to pan, let the oil get hot and add potatoes, cook until fork tender with no lid.
- Potatoes should be fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add honey, rosemary, salt, and chili powder and cook for one more minute.
How long does it take to fry a sweet potato?
Fry half the potatoes, stirring occasionally until golden brown and crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the seasoning and hold in the oven on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the last batch of potatoes.
How long does it take to cook sweet potatoes on the stove?
Add sweet potatoes. Wondering how long to boil sweet potatoes? Cover the pan and cook sweet potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender on the outside but resistant in the center when pierced with a knife. For soft, tender sweet potatoes, cook for 25 to 30 minutes.