Herein, how do you keep a fire alive?
How do I build a bonfire?
- Make a circle with bricks or stones.
- Stand the tinder in a teepee shape in the center of the circle.
- Make a teepee out of kindling around the tinder, leaving some gaps for oxygen to escape.
- Put some fuel logs parallel to each other on two sides of the teepee.
How do I get more heat from my fireplace?
- Burn seasoned firewood.
- Open the damper as wide as possible to increase the amount of air to the fire.
- Clean your chimney once a year.
- Replace the screen in front of the fireplace with tempered glass doors, and keep the doors closed while a fire is burning.
- Install a fireplace insert.
- Things You Will Need.