What are the best foods to eat to prevent diabetes?
- Healthy fats from nuts, olive oil, fish oils, flax seeds, or avocados.
- Fruits and vegetables—ideally fresh, the more colorful the better; whole fruit rather than juices.
- High-fiber cereals and breads made from whole grains.
- Fish and shellfish, organic chicken or turkey.
How can you reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes?
- Check your risk of diabetes. Take the Life!
- Manage your weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet.
- Limit takeaway and processed foods.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Quit smoking.
- Control your blood pressure.