Keeping this in view, can you eat mac and cheese when you have braces?
What can you eat when you get your braces on?
- Dairy - pudding, soft cheeses.
- Breads – sliced lunch bread, soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins w/o nuts, biscuits.
- Grains – noodles, pasta, soft-cooked rice.
- Meats/poultry - soft-cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats.
- Seafood - fish w/o bones, tuna, salmon, crab and crab cakes.
What are you not allowed to eat when you have braces?
- Chewy foods: bagels, hard rolls, licorice.
- Crunchy foods: popcorn, ice.
- Sticky foods: caramels, gum.
- Hard foods: nuts, hard pretzels.
- Sugary food: candy.
- Foods you have to bite into: corn on the cob, apples, carrots.