Can you download HBO now shows to watch offline?
Because although Amazon lets Prime subscribers download select TV shows and movies for offline viewing, HBO Now does not. However, where there's a third party, there's a way: PlayOn Plus (formerly PlayLater) can record streams from just about any service, from Netflix to Hulu to -- you guessed it -- HBO Now.
HBO GO claims on their official website that, "Most new movies and shows, such as Game of Thrones, is available on HBO GO when it premieres on TV." So yes, you can tune into the Season 7 premiere of Game of Thrones online at the exact same time as it premieres on the cable channel, which is 9 p.m. ET.
- In May 1999, two more channels launched: HBO Comedy (featuring comedic films and series, along with stand-up comedy specials) and HBO Zone (a network aimed at young adults). "HBO The Works" continued in use as the brand for the HBO multiplex until 2004.
- HBO Now costs a flat rate of $15 per month. It's a stand-alone package, which means it doesn't require a cable subscription to use. HBO Go, on the other hand, is free with an HBO subscription — but that's the only way to access it.
- If you have an HBO GO or HBO NOW subscription, it's easy to record and download Game of Thrones in .mp4 format with PlayOn for offline viewing on any device. If you don't have a subscription, HBO NOW has a 30-day free trial so you can download and watch every episode of Game of Thrones (or any HBO show) offline.
With the exception of VICE News Tonight, HBO GO doesn't stream live content. Most pre-recorded shows are available on HBO GO within minutes of the broadcast start time, though new content may take up to an hour to become available across all devices. HBO's live shows and events require time to be prepared for HBO GO.
- Differences between HBO NOW and HBO GO. The primary difference between HBO NOW and HBO GO is how you subscribe (with or without a TV package). HBO GO is a streaming service included free with your paid HBO subscription through a TV provider (a cable or satellite TV package with HBO is required).
- How do I activate or pair HBO GO® on an Internet-connected TV device (e.g., Samsung Smart TV)?
- Download HBO GO® from app store for your device.
- Launch HBO GO® on the device.
- Select Activate Your Device.
- Retrieve your activation code.
- Navigate to www.hbogo.com/activate.
- Select Spectrum as your TV provider.
- If you have an HBO subscription through a participating TV provider, use the following steps to sign in to HBO GO: Do one of the following: Computer: Go to HBOGO.com and in the upper-right corner, choose Sign In. Phone or tablet: Open the HBO GO app, tap the Menu button, and then tap Sign In.
If you have an HBO GO or HBO NOW subscription, it's easy to record and download Game of Thrones in .mp4 format with PlayOn for offline viewing on any device. If you don't have a subscription, HBO NOW has a 30-day free trial so you can download and watch every episode of Game of Thrones (or any HBO show) offline.
- You can watch live HBO programming at amazon.com/video and some Prime Video apps. To watch HBO live, go to amazon.com/video then choose Channels > Prime Video Channels > HBO, and scroll down to Watch Live. Live programming is not available on all devices.
- If you get HBO as part of your cable or satellite TV package, you may have access to HBO GO. HBO NOW and HBO GO are available on roughly the same devices and have the same great content; unlimited access to all of HBO - every episode, every season - plus hit movies, sports, documentaries, and comedy specials.
- To sign up, download the HBO NOW app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV. Then, purchase a subscription, which will run you $14.99 per month after a 30-day introductory period. Once you have HBO NOW log-in credentials, you can watch on your Apple device or via HBONOW.com on the PC or Mac.
Updated: 28th November 2019