Can you download apps on an iPod nano?
Though they run some apps, they don't run third-party iOS apps (that is, apps created by anyone other than Apple). The 7th and 6th generation iPod nanos come pre-installed with a handful of apps created by Apple. But you can use it only if you have an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Still no luck for iPod Nano.
Hey there, unfortunately it is not possible to sync any songs from Spotify to the iPod Nano. The feature you are referring to is an old feature of the desktop app that allowed you to sync MP3s to the iPod, however this never allowed you to sync Spotify songs to the iPod.
- The iPod nano and shuffle won't sync Apple Music songs, putting another nail in the new iPod coffin. The new iPods may be pretty, but only the iPod touch can sync Apple Music tracks.
- Spotify says Apple is making it harder for the streaming music company to compete by blocking a new version of its iPhone app. In a letter sent this week to Apple's top lawyer, Spotify says Apple is “causing grave harm to Spotify and its customers” by rejecting an update to Spotify's iOS app.
- Premium: The Premium plan costs $9.99 per month. You get everything in the Unlimited plan plus you can access Spotify on your phone by downloading the iPhone or Android app. You can also download songs to your phone and listen to them offline. Click here to sign up for a Premium account.
5th-3rd Generation iPod nano: Games and Apps. Unlike the newer models, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation iPod nanos can run a limited number of third-party apps. They come with some games, too. That said, these are not iPhone apps and these models don't run iOS.
- Manually add items from iTunes
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
- Choose the content that you want to add to your device from your iTunes library.
- Look in the left sidebar for your device, then drag the content to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- When your iPod is connected to iTunes, it should appear in the sidebar. Select it, and make sure is checked. Now, create a playlist with the + button at the bottom right of the window, and name it what you will. Simply drag the songs you want the playlist to contain over to the sidebar, and drop them in!
- First, connect the iPod to the PC and quit iTunes if it opens. Then right-click Computer from the Start menu. Choose "Properties" to go to the Device Manager. You should be able to locate the iPod under the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” section.
Lack of WiFi means Apple Music will not come to iPod Nano or Shuffle. Apple recently updated the iPod range, but it looks like the iPod Shuffle and Nano will remain as outdated as they were in 2012, save for a few small colour updates.
- The iPod Nano (stylized and marketed as iPod nano) is a portable media player designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The first generation model was introduced on September 7, 2005, as a replacement for the iPod Mini, using flash memory for storage.
- The iPod Touch is nothing without a good library of apps. You can choose from thousands of free apps, or purchase apps with a credit card or iTunes gift card. As long as your have a network connection on your iPod or a connection to iTunes on a computer, you can quickly download and install new apps.
- Therefore, you can't use Spotify on iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod shuffle. And, unfortunately, it is still impossible to sync any songs from Spotify to the iPod Nano via USB cable.
Updated: 2nd October 2019