If that describes your situation, you can always delete your Google+ account without bidding farewell to other Google services such as Gmail. Start by logging in to plus.google.com with your Google account. Next, click the thumbnail of your profile photo in the upper-right corner, and select Account.
Can I remove Google Plus from my phone?
Uninstall the Google+ Android app. If you are running Marshmallow and your device manufacturer allows it, you can follow these steps to uninstall apps on your Android device. You can't uninstall the Google+ app on some Android devices, but you can disable it.
Disabling Google+ app goes a little like this:
- Go into the Settings.
- Then Apps --> All.
- Scroll down to Google+
- Tap on uninstall updates.
- select disable.
Open Google+ > click the post you want to delete. Click the down arrow in the top right corner of the post > Delete post. Click Delete in the bottom right corner.
To delete a location group/business account, you must be an owner of the account and must first delete or transfer all locations within the account.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- On the location group/business account you'd like to delete, click the three dot menu icon , then click Delete.
- Click OK to continue.
Turn off message or call sounds
- Go to Hangouts at hangouts.google.com or in Gmail.
- Open your settings. In hangouts.google.com, click Menu Settings. In Gmail, click the Down arrow .
- Uncheck the box next to the sound you want to turn off.
Google Plus (also known as Google+) is a social networking service from Google. Google+ launched with a lot of fanfare as a possible competitor to Facebook. Google+ originally launched with the elements of Circles, Huddle, Hangouts, and Sparks.
Delete history with one person
- On your computer, go to Hangouts at hangouts.google.com or in Gmail.
- Select a conversation.
- At the top of the conversation window, click Settings .
- Select Delete conversation.
- If you're sure you want to delete your conversation, click Delete.
Remove an account
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Hangouts app .
- At the top left, tap Menu .
- Next to your account, tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Manage Accounts Google [your Google Account].
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
Remove an account from your device
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Under "Personal," tap Accounts.
- Tap the account you want to remove.
- Tap More Remove account.
- If this is the only Google Account on the device, you'll need to enter your device's pattern, PIN, or password for security.
- Open up Google+
- Click on the Profile tab.
- Within the Profile tab, click on Photos.
- Click on Profile Photos.
- Click on the photo(s) that you don't want.
- An album version of the photo will open up.
- Click the "Options" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Delete photo"
Select the person from the Hangouts list to open the conversation. At the top of the conversation, click Settings . If you want to remove someone from your list, but don't want to block them, open the "Contacts" tab Point to the person's name More Hide [contact name].
Delete all emails. Deleting all your emails in Gmail is simple: open Gmail, select the inbox tab you want to clear out (Primary, Promotions, etc.) and click the small empty box in the top left corner, just above the Compose button. This will select everything on the current page of your inbox.
To remove your Google Profile picture, go to Google+, Select Photos from the dropdown menu in the upper left. Click Albums, and go to your Profile Photos album. Delete the contents.
Clear your history
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click History History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data.
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete.
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history."
- At the bottom of your computer screen, in your Dock, right-click Chrome.
- Select Quit.
- Open Finder.
- Go to the folder containing the Google Chrome application on your computer.
- Drag Google Chrome to the Trash.
- Optional: Delete your profile information, like bookmarks and history:
Sign out of Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the top, under "People," click Sign out.
- Confirm by clicking Sign out.
You need to remove all Hangouts updates in Google Play, then reboot and Hangouts will disappear from the application list and Talk be back. Talk can then be disabled in Settings -> Apps -> All . On android kitkat: long click on the hangout app and drag it to app info. Click on turn off.
If you disable Google+, your users can no longer create new Google+ content, but they can still access existing content using the direct link. If you disable Google+, your users can no longer sign in to Google+, but some Google+ data will still be visible unless users first delete their Google+ profile.
If you need to update the app yourself, you can remove it and then add it back.
- Open Chrome.
- Right-click the Hangouts app .
- Click Remove from Chrome.
- Go to the Hangouts Chrome app in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome Add app.
- The app will automatically open.
Get some reprieve by blocking unwanted contacts from your Hangouts list with this step-by-step guide.
- Log into your Google Plus account.
- Click on the name of the person you wish to block.
- MORE: Laptop Interactive Buying Guide.
- Hit the Gear icon next to the offender's name.
- Select Block and click Save.