Can you cook a panini in the oven?
Follow the exact same cooking process with a griddle. Or, you can use a toaster oven—also good for those obsessed with grill marks! Preheat the oven to medium-high heat (375F), and bake until cheese is melted and panini is toasted (about 5-6 minutes).
Part 1 Making your Panini
- Choose your bread. A panini can be made with Italian bread, ciabatta, focaccia, sourdough, or any kind of bread you like.
- Spread olive oil on the inside of your bread.
- Add your cheese.
- Add your filling.
- Add some extra flavor.
- Close your sandwich and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, onion, and dill pickle together in a bowl.
- Spread tuna mixture over 2 slices of bread. Top with American cheese and remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Cook in a panini press until bread is crispy and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- To prepare Cuban sandwiches, split bread in half then layer the sandwich with mustard, cheese, pickles, ham, pork then cheese again (the cheese glues everything together). Season with salt and pepper in between the ham and pork layers.
- Ciabatta (Italian pronunciation: [t?aˈbatta], literally "slipper") is an Italian white bread made from wheat flour, water, salt, and yeast, created in 1982 by a baker in Verona, Veneto, Italy, in response to the popularity of French baguettes.
Pan on the stove, with a lid for a press. - Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook your sandwich for a couple minutes on each side, pressing it down to make full contact with the hot pan using a big lid. (Pictured: South African Cheese, Grilled Onion & Tomato Panini (Braaibroodjie).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the cut sides of the rolls with Italian Dressing.
- Layer the bottom halves with Meats, Cheeses, Onion and Tomato.
- Replace Hoagie tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil, tightly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove foil and serve.
- Toast your partially done sandwich if desired. If you like your cheese melted, turn on your oven and place your sandwich on a baking sheet. Stick it in the broiler or toaster oven for a couple of minutes (until the cheese melts and the bread starts to toast). If you prefer your sandwiches less toasty, skip this step.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice bread into 32 (1/2-inch thick) slices. Mix oil and parsley in small bowl.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and light brown, turning once. Cool on wire rack.
- If not using immediately, store cooled toast in airtight container.
In Italian, "panini" means small bread and refers to a pressed sandwich. Using a grill skillet gives the sandwich appetizing grill marks, but the recipe works just as well in a regular nonstick skillet. If you don't have provolone cheese, you can use mozzarella.
- Traditional Italian pesto is, of course, made strictly with basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, and really good olive oil. It's a classic sauce, no contest.
- How many calories in Panini Bread Roll
Nutrition Facts Cholesterol help 0mg 0% Sodium 198mg 8% Total Carbs. help 45g 15% Dietary Fiber help 2g 8%
- Ciabatta has the same basic ingredients as many other breads -- flour, yeast, water, oil and salt. But the difference is that the dough is extremely wet. During baking, the moisture content creates a soft, spongy center, while leaving the crust extremely crispy. Ciabatta isn't your healthiest type of roll though.
Updated: 4th December 2019