Can you connect a Bluetooth speaker to an Xbox one?
Microsoft designed the console without bluetooth, the prevailing wireless audio standard. This means that by default, you cannot play wireless audio from an Xbox One. However, there are a number of wireless headphones that work with the Xbox One. These aren't exactly speakers, but this is one solution.
Check your TV and HDMI connections
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Select Display & sound.
- Select Video output.
- Select TV connection.
- If TV connection is set to "DVI," you'll need an optical audio cable for sound.
- Back out of Video output by pressing B .
- Connect Xbox 360: Using Xbox 360 HDMI Cable
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input on your HDTV or monitor.
- Turn on your TV and console.
- Microsoft designed the console without bluetooth, the prevailing wireless audio standard. This means that by default, you cannot play wireless audio from an Xbox One. However, there are a number of wireless headphones that work with the Xbox One. These aren't exactly speakers, but this is one solution.
- Plug the power source into the back of the Xbox One, and then plug the secondary cable into the power source. The other end will go into your wall outlet. Plug the HDMI cable into the Xbox One, and plug the other end into your HDTV. Place your batteries into the back of the Xbox One Controller.
Xbox One March update adds Dolby Digital optical audio support. Right now, the system can only output DTS Digital Surround, or uncompressed stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 audio, over HDMI; if you're using an optical cable, the console currently supports uncompressed stereo or 5.1 sound.
- An infrared blaster (IR sounds better and less techy) is a gadget that accepts some sort of input from your remote and "blasts" it via infrared to the IR-compatible device you're trying to control. A TV's IR blaster allows it to "communicate" with another device, like a cable box.
- Xbox One uses the Kinect to control your home theater equipment through infrared (IR) signals, the same technology used in remote controls. If you're having trouble controlling your home theater from Xbox One, and all other troubleshooting has failed, you can use an IR extension cable to control your home theater.
- The Xbox One has three USB 3.0 ports: two on the rear of the console and one that's either on the front (Xbox One S or Xbox One X) or the left side (original Xbox One).
Updated: 3rd September 2018