You may use acrylic paints, however, they dry on the hand really fast causing the print to not turn out very well (lots of gaps). Although they are non-toxic, they are not very suitable for children. They are not washable! However, acrylic paint can be used to make handprints on t-shirts, potholders, towels, and so on.
Correspondingly, can you air dry salt dough ornaments?
After moulding salt dough into the desired shape, you can either let the salt dough pieces air dry or bake them in the oven. AIR DRYING - This is suitable for thin or small salt dough pieces. Place in a warm, dry place and allow to air dry for 2-7 days. Drying time will depend on the size and thickness of the pieces.
How long do you cook salt dough handprints?
You can let your salt dough handprints air dry, but they can also be dried in the oven. Bake at 200 F until dry. The amount of time on the size and thickness of your masterpiece. Thin flat ornaments may only take 45-60 minutes, but thicker ones like the ones I did can take 2-3 hours or more.
How do you make salt dough?
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Turn the dough onto the bench and knead with your hands until smooth and combined.
- Make your creations using the salt dough.
- Place the salt dough creations into the oven at 180C.