Can I take my razor in hand luggage?
Hand luggage can i take my razor. Yes indeed, you may take your razor (and extra blades in their little plastic housing) in your hand baggage. Deodorant, toothpaste and shaving foam will have to go in a 1L plastic zip top bag but your razor may travel elsewhere in your bag.
Disposable razors and their cartridges are the only types of razors permitted in your carry-on luggage. Razor-type blades, such as box cutters, utility knives, and safety razor blades, are only allowed in checked luggage.You may also carry nail clippers and nail scissors with blades shorter than 4 inches.
- Re: Can You Bring Razors (Like Gillette Sensor) On Planes Adventur - The TSA guidelines state that you can bring safety razors (such as gillette) on the plane, but they must be in your checked baggage, not carry-on. If they are in carry-on luggage they are suppose to be taken away.
- Other personal items
Item Allowed in hand luggage Allowed in hold luggage Small scissors (with blades no longer than 6cm) Yes Yes Large scissors (with blades longer than 6cm) No Yes (check with your airline) Round-ended/blunt scissors Yes Yes Fixed-cartridge razor blades (disposable razor) Yes Yes
- Consider your hair straighteners – or flat iron. These objects might look dangerous, what with a cord that dangles and hot extensions, but you can take these on a plane without difficulty. The same rules might not apply to everything in your carry-on bags.
It basically unscrews and you can insert a razor blade. Because these razor blades are so easy to take out, safety razors are not permitted in your carry-on luggage with the blade. The blades must be stored in your checked luggage. [Disposable razors] come in two types.
- According to the TSA, safety pins are permitted in carry-on luggage in the United States. You can find this out on the TSA website, by clicking the “What can I bring” link at the very top right. Then enter “safety pin” in the box: You can also carry on knitting needles and scissors less than 4 inches long.
- 3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.
- All containers of liquids, non-solid food and personal items must be 100 ml/100 grams (3.4 oz) or less and must fit in this bag. The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in.
Updated: 2nd October 2019