Can I read my Kindle books on the Internet?
Using your web browser, go to read.amazon.com to open Kindle Cloud Reader. You may need to sign in with your Amazon account. Your Kindle Library is displayed on the main page. Click on a book to start reading.
With both the Kindle and Nook app you need Internet access to get the initial download of the book. 3g or Wi-Fi, either works. Once the book is downloaded to the phone then you do not have to have access in order to read them.
- At $9.99 per month, Kindle Unlimited costs about $120 per year. E-books on Amazon can vary wildly in price, from $0.99 to hundreds of dollars. During 2013, e-books on the Digital Book World best-sellers' list mostly sold for between $7 and $8 on average (the price in the most recent recorded week in 2014 was $7.52).
- You can read a Kindle book via the Kindle app on your Samsung tablet and on your smartphone. If you have the Kindle app on both the Samsung Tablet and your Android phone, the library ebook should sync with both as long as the app is registered to the same account on both devices.
- It reflects light in much the same way that paper does. The screen lacks a backlight, so, with the exception of the new Paperwhite, you'll need an external light source in order to read anything. A company called E Ink in Cambridge, Mass., developed the technology the Kindle relies upon to display text and images.
To use Time to Read:
- While reading, tap the top of the screen to show the reading toolbar.
- Tap the Display Settings (Aa) icon, and then tap the Reading Progress tab.
- Select your preferred tracking option to be displayed at the bottom of your screen: Location in book. Page in book (if available) Time left in chapter.
- To do so, log into your account on the Manage Your Kindle page. In the Your Kindle Library section, find the title of the book you are rereading and click the Actions menu button next to it. Select the “Clear furthest page read” option and click the button in the box to reset the page tracker.
- As for my 5th generation kindle (first version of paperwhite), the advertised battery life is 8 weeks (56 days) half an hour use a day, with no wireless and light setting at 10, that's 28 hours of battery. At light setting 3 and no wireless, 5-6 hours use a day, I need to recharge about every 7-9 days.
- Press and holding down the power button for 20 seconds or more. Then turn the device back on by hitting the power button again. If this doesn't work the first time, you can try holding the button down for 30 seconds or more. Most of the time, this will be all you have to do to make the Kindle Fire work again.
To download content from the Cloud:
- From Home, tap a Kindle content library (for example, Books) in the top navigation, and then tap the Cloud tab to view Kindle content not downloaded to your Kindle device.
- Tap your content type to download the title to your device.
- Tap the Device tab to view your Kindle content.
- While it's not easy to find free Kindle books on Amazon, Mobipocket is exclusively about them. The site is owned by Amazon and lists over 11,500 free books. It's the only website, except Amazon, from where you can download books only for Kindle. The site is pretty simple and does nothing except listing books.
- Using your web browser, go to read.amazon.com to open Kindle Cloud Reader. You may need to sign in with your Amazon account. Your Kindle Library is displayed on the main page. Click on a book to start reading.
- To read your sample:
- After you purchase a new, physical book from Amazon, select Start Reading on the Thank You page.
- After you select Start Reading, the sample will be available in the Cloud on supported Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, and Kindle reading apps registered to your account.
Updated: 25th November 2019