Can I delete a comment I made on someone else's Facebook?
How can i delete a comment i made on a friends photo? Locate the photo and click on it, point at the comment you made and in the upper right an edit pencil or 'x' will appear, click on the icon and the menu that opens should have a delete option.
To delete comments on the web version of Facebook, simply mouse over the comment you'd like to remove, and click the 'x' that appears on the right-hand side. In the iOS app, simply tap the comment and click delete and for Android just swap the tap for a long press.
- The steps are just different.
- Navigate to view the comment you wish to remove. If you have trouble finding it, the easiest thing to do is to select the “Menu” button, then choose “Activity Log“.
- Swipe your finger across the comment. A “Delete” button will appear.
- Tap the “Delete” button, and your comment is gone.
- Click on "Profile" to visit your Facebook wall. If the post you want to delete is on another person's wall, visit their profile. Move your mouse over the right corner of the post.
- To remove a post from your timeline:
- Go to your timeline.
- Hover over the post and click in the top right corner.
- Select Delete or Hide from timeline from the dropdown menu.
Log in to your Facebook account using a Web browser on your computer. Locate the photo containing the comment that you wish to remove, and then click on the photo to view the full image as well as all of the comments. Click the Remove button, marked with an "X," at the top right corner of the comment to remove it.
- The person gets a notification when you like or comment on a post. So the person is informed about your activity. However, if you delete the comment, he/she won't be informed. When they check Likes and comments on a post, the person is going to realize that you have deleted the comment.
- Facebook. What happens when I report something to Facebook? When something gets reported to Facebook, we'll review it and remove anything that doesn't follow the Facebook Community Standards. Your name and other personal information will be kept completely confidential if we reach out to the person responsible.
- No one can see who reported anything to Facebookit's anonymous. But if you report it to the Admin and report to Facebook, they might have a clue it was you. If a profile reports to Facebook, ONLY FB sees it. If they report to the Admin, yes of course the admin sees that.
Updated: 21st September 2018