Beside this, how do you stop a ceiling fan from making noise?
- Turn the ceiling fan off, and allow the blades to coast to a complete stop.
- Grasp each blade and wiggle them to see if any of the fasteners (usually phillips type screws) are loose, and if so, tighten them.
- Look for excess dust accumulated on the blade surface, especially the top.
How do you stop a fan from wobbling?
- Loose screws where the fan attaches to the electrical box at the ceiling.
- Electrical ceiling box isn't properly secured and reinforced.
- Screws holding blades to mounting brackets are loose.
- Screws holding mounting brackets to fan motor need tightening.
- Fan blades are out of alignment.
Why does a ceiling fan hum?