To enable BitLocker encryption on a USB flash drive, do the following: Insert the USB flash drive, click Start, and then click Computer. Right-click the USB flash drive, and then click Turn On BitLocker… On the Choose How You Want To Unlock This Drive windows, choose Use a Password to Unlock This Drive.
Consequently, what does it mean to encrypt a flash drive?
The Secure Advantage Though you can certainly secure your data with a normal USB flash drive and encryption software such as the free TrueCrypt or EncryptStick, a chip is harder to hack, and to reach it means actually tampering with the drive, which is easy to detect.
How do you un encrypt a USB?
Follow the next steps to unlock USB drive with password now:
- Connect the USB drive to your PC and go to Computer/This PC.
- Right-click the USB drive and choose Properties, click Security.
- Click Edit and enter your administrator password.
- Click Apply and choose OK.
- Restore data from encrypted USB drive before decrypting.
What does BitLocker encryption do?
BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature included with Windows Vista and later. It is designed to protect data by providing encryption for entire volumes. By default it uses the AES encryption algorithm in cipher block chaining (CBC) or XTS mode with a 128-bit or 256-bit key.