Are Web addresses case sensitive?
An Internet address is only case sensitive for everything after the domain name. For example, it does not matter if you use uppercase or lowercase with "computerhope.com," it still reaches the same page. However, when typing the name of the page, file, or directory in the URL, it is case sensitive.
The rest of the URI after the host portion can be case sensitive. It depends on the server. Whether or not URLs are treated as case-sensitive also depends on the web server. For example, Microsoft IIS servers do not treat URLs as case-sensitive.
- A Uniform Resource Name ( URN ) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) that uses the URN scheme, and does not imply availability of the identified resource. Both URNs (names) and URLs (locators) are URIs, and a particular URI may be both a name and a locator at the same time.
- The "common cold" is usually caused by a viral infection and treatment is directed at managing symptoms while the body's own immune system fights the infection. Common symptoms of an upper respiratory infection such as a cold include a runny nose, post-nasal drip,cough, and nasal congestion.
- Popular Upper Respiratory Infection Drugs
Popularity Drug Name Drug Class 1 amoxicillin Penicillin Antibiotics 2 Keflex (cephalexin) Cephalosporin Antibiotics 3 Cleocin (clindamycin) Lincosamide Antibiotics
URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet. A URL has two main components: Protocol identifier: For the URL http://example.com , the protocol identifier is http . Resource name: For the URL http://example.com , the resource name is example.com .
- The Google URL shortener, at goo.gl, is a free, online URL shorten service (also called a redirection service). To use the shortener, copy and paste your long URL into the online form to obtain a much shorter URL that redirects to the source address. http://goo.gl/xWvnoE.
- Here's how to find the exact URL of an image:
- Click the image that you locate in the image search results.
- Right-click View original image or Full size, and copy the link address.
- Paste the URL into a file or document, so it's available when you use the URL removal tool.
- Find any additional URLs for the same image.
- The Youtube URL is at the top of the screen but you may need to edit it. You can copy the you tube URL and paste it in an e-mail or share it with friends. You can also embed the video into your website. You can also press on the share button below the video to show the URL.
If you are writing the name of a company, or a product, or some other proper noun, that proper noun will have its own rules of capitalization. So you'd write Sony but not Sony.com. Some companies are named the same as their domains.
- An Internet address is only case sensitive for everything after the domain name. For example, it does not matter if you use uppercase or lowercase with "computerhope.com," it still reaches the same page. However, when typing the name of the page, file, or directory in the URL, it is case sensitive.
- With the advent of the bulletin board system, or BBS, and later the Internet, typing messages in all caps commonly became closely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behavior, and may be considered rude. For this reason, netiquette generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages online.
- All caps is considered shouting on the internet. Shouting is not polite. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps on the internet because shouting is not polite.
Updated: 11th October 2018