Are TracFone and straight talk the same company?
Straight Talk is a service provided by TracFone Wireless Inc., America's largest no-contract cell phone provider in the U.S., with over 25 million subscribers. TracFone Wireless is a subsidiary of América Móvil S.A.B. de C.V.
Place a SIM card for a different network in the phone and it will ask you for that code. Enter it (sometimes a reboot is needed) and the SIM should be recognized. The SIM card you use for unlocking doesn't have to be on a line that is yours. But your carrier might not want to unlock your phone.
- A carrier reset is almost always necessary if you're activating a device that's had a different phone number on it before. This reset sends your device's new information to the network so that you can get service. It can also be useful to run this reset if you're having trouble getting voice, text or data.
- To block your mobile phone number on a per-call basis, dial *67 before you dial each phone number. To permanently block your number, please contact customer service. If you have permanently blocked your number, you can unblock it on a per-call basis by dialling *82 before you dial each phone number.
- The MetroPCS network has almost entirely moved to GSM and LTE. These two technologies rely on SIM cards and can easily be unlocked using these methods. In rare cases, your phone will not have an SIM card. This means it uses CDMA technology, and you will have to contact your new carrier to unlock it.
Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.
- No matter what the person commenting before stated, not all phones can be unlocked. Look at it this way. You can go from AT&T or Verizon to Straight Talk. But if you have a straight talk phone you can't go the other direction.
- How can I obtain Straight Talk LTE BYOP service? Your phone must be LTE Technology and compatible with one of our Bring Your Own Phone Programs. Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phones.
- If your iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6 is from a wireless company other than AT&T, Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile, you still may be able to use it with Straight Talk Wireless. You can check if your iPhone is eligible on straighttalk.com.
The phone sold by Walmart for use on StraightTalk is the A1429 CDMA. As a rule, you can not use a CDMA iPhone on any CDMA carrier other than the one it was originally sold for. if the straight talk iphone is GSM A1429 using CDMA 3G netwrok, I can switch to Tmobile LET 4G network when I move.
- Straight Talk Cell Phone Plans. Straight Talk Wireless contracts with each of the major wireless carriers, so you can get prepaid cell phone service on the AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or Verizon network, but for a fraction of the price offered by the Big Four. Just check in advance to ensure your phone is compatible.
- Will Verizon SIM card work with Blu Studio 6.0 phone that has Straight Talk service? BLU phones are compatible with the AT&T and T-Mobile networks that use GSM / LTE technology. They will not work on the Verizon or Sprint networks that use CDMA / LTE technology.
- Straight Talk also allows customers to bring AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or unlocked GSM phones to Straight Talk by buying a SIM card or activation kit and air time from the company. This program does not work with branded Straight Talk, SafeLink, TracFone, Total Wireless, and NET10 phones.
Updated: 3rd October 2019