4th December 2019

cbsnews
17

Are tires still made of rubber?

Tires are made from oil. It was not so long ago ago that tires were made from from the sap of rubber trees, after all. (And actually, they still are, in part.) World War II and the Japanese conquest of the rubber plantations of Asia prompted the Allies to figure out how to make synthetic rubber.

Is natural rubber used in tires?

60% of rubber used in the tire industry is synthetic rubber, produced from petroleum-derived hydrocarbons, although natural rubber is still necessary for the remaining 40%.Synthetic elastomers deform under stress and return to their original shape when the stress is removed (hysteresis).This property is extremely
Write Your Answer

Rate

60% people found this answer useful, click to cast your vote.

3 / 5 based on 1 vote.

Bookmark

Press Ctrl + D to add this site to your favorites!

Share