Castaways rarely think about eating birds, but all sea birds are edible (some might be very chewy though). Their meat can be eaten cooked, raw, or dried. If you can't cook the bird, skin it and eat it raw.
Similarly, it is asked, what kind of birds can you eat?
Get a little outside your comfort zone and try one of the many varieties of birdflesh that planet Earth has to offer.
- Goose. Geese look just as majestic on the plate. [
- Cornish Game Hen. Cornish game hens are neither game birds, nor always hens.
- Guineafowl (Guinea Hen)
- Pigeon (Squab)
Are all bird eggs edible?
So, all bird eggs are edible (except perhaps those of the wild Pitoui and Ifrita.) They are edible at any stage of development, and in some cultures incubated duck eggs are a delicacy called balut. They are not cooked but eaten raw, developing feathers, entrails and all.
What animals are edible?
List of domesticated meat animals
- Bovines: American bison. Carabao. Cattle. Water buffalo. Domesticated yak.
- Camelids: Alpaca. Llama. Camel.
- Canids: Dog. Kurī (extinct) Poi dog (extinct) Nureongi. Xoloitzcuintle.
- Caprae (goats) Domestic goat.
- Felidae: Domestic cat.
- Equines: Donkey. Horse.
- Lagomorphs: Rabbit. Hare.
- Marsupials: Kangaroo.