The best example of this is that Cheerios are made in a different facility than the Honey Nut Cheerios. However some manufacturers do not use a different facility and therefore the label may read “made in a facility that also processes nuts”.
Hereof, what snacks are peanut free?
- Roasted Chickpeas.
- Crackers (Wheat thins, Saltines, plain Triscuits)
- Rice cakes.
- Goldfish/Cheddar bunnies.
- Potato chips.
What foods to avoid if you have a peanut allergy?
Avoid foods that contain peanuts or any of these ingredients:
- Arachis oil (another name for peanut oil)
- Artificial nuts.
- Beer nuts.
- Cold-pressed, expelled or extruded peanut oil*
- Ground nuts.
- Lupin (or lupine)—which is becoming a common flour substitute in gluten-free food.
Do Cheetos contain nuts?
Frito-Lay products that contain peanuts or are processed on equipment that makes products containing peanuts, will always contain an allergy information statement. All Frito-Lay products are labeled accurately with the most current ingredient information.